White Pine Lodge, Lake of the Woods, Ontario, Canada

We Are Not Taking Any 2018 Reservations

We are sorry for the inconvenience, but White Pine Lodge is not taking any reservations or bookings for the 2018 season. We will be back next season. We are leaving the website and it's "old" information in place for the moment. We will be updating everything before next season. Again, we're sorry for the inconvenience. We'll be back soon!

Hunting License and Firearms Information

Non Resident Hunting Season 2014

Black Bear

Whitetail Deer

Frequently asked questions about hunting and firearms:

Q. I live outside of Ontario. How do I get a non-resident license to hunt Ontario?

A. Non-residents of Ontario must present one of the following to obtain a non-resident license to hunt in Ontario:

  • An Ontario non-resident's hunting license issued to you after January 1, 1968
  • A hunting license issued to you by a competent authority in any jurisdiction as a resident of that jurisdiction after January 1, 1968
  • An Ontario Hunter Education Examination Report or Certificate issued to you after January 1,1968
  • An Ontario Hunting License Verification Certificate showing that you were issued an Ontario License to hunt, or passed the Hunting License Examination
  • A certificate, issued you after January 1, 1968, by a competent authority in any jurisdiction, giving you permission to purchase a resident's hunting license in that Jurisdiction.

Note: A non-resident who wishes to hunt in Ontario must be 16 years of age of older.

Q.  What do I need to bring my firearms into Canada?

A.  ALL fully automatic weapons, handguns and pepper spray are prohibited in Canada.

  • You must obtain a gun permit for your guns.  Refer to http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/form-formulaire/num-nom/909-eng.htm.
  • You may bring a hunting rifle or shotgun into Ontario for hunting or competition purposes when you are 18 years of age or older.
  • Firearms must be Registered for a fee of $25.  This permit is valid for a period of 60 days.
  • You can also bring up to 200 rounds of ammunition for hunting or 1,500 rounds for use at a recognized shooting competition.  Any amounts of ammunition in excess must be tax paid.
  • For more information contact 1-800-731-400 or (705) 329-7662 or visit the Canadian Firearms Centre at http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/cont/1800-eng.htm

For information on traveling to Canada please visit: www.travelcanada.ca or call 1-800-O-CANADA (1-800-622-6232)

Other information on Firearms

Big game, including deer, may only be hunted with a firearm (this includes bows). When hunting deer you may use or carry only a firearm of the type permitted for hunting deer during an archery only season, you may use or carry only archery equipment. You may not carry a rifle or shotgun for hunting other game species. However, when hunting deer during a rifle/shotgun season you may also carry a rifle or shotgun for small game (in addition to your firearm that meets the specifications to hunt deer) because it is the same type of firearms.

The following cannot be used for hunting deer:

  • A rim-fire rifle
  • A shotgun smaller than 20 gauge when loaded with shot
  • A shotgun loaded with shot smaller than SG or No.1 buck.

Note: It is illegal to hunt deer while they are swimming.

Contact the Canadian Firearms Centre at 1-800-731-4000 or http://www.cfc-ccaf.gc.ca/ for more information about the requirements for firearms ownership, and firearm licensing.

Q. What are the fees for a Hunting License in Ontario?

A. License fees from 2014. License Fees (HST is included in all fees)

  • Temporary Canadian/Non-Canadian Resident Hunting Outdoors card $9.68
  • Non-resident's license to hunt Deer (antler deer only) - $235.96
  • Non-resident's additional game seal (selected WMU's only) - $235.96
  • Non-resident's license to hunt Black Bear - $235.96
  • Non-resident's license to hunt Wolves/Coyotes - $269.58
  • Non-resident's license to hunt small game - $118.11

Non-residents must have a Black Bear Hunting License Validation Certificate as well as a black bear hunting license they must also complete the hunt report that comes with the certificate and return it to the issuer of the certificate by November 30 of that same year of hunt.

Q. Where can I purchase a non-resident's hunting License?

A. Non-residents hunters who wish to go hunting immediately may purchase a hunting license at many locations throughout the province.

Call the MNR office serving that area for the location nearest you.

Kenora MNR Office
Fort Frances MNR Office

Q. Do I need an Export permit?

A. Residents and non-residents must have an Ontario export permit to export deer or any part of a deer from Ontario. You may obtain an export permit from most Service Ontario offices in the area where the animal has been taken. You should obtain the export permit before reaching a border point to avoid any inconvenience.

You must keep the game seal attached to the deer while you are transporting it.
this permit is required to export from Ontario any part of the deer, including carcass, hide or antlers.

Non-resident's Export permits ............. $35.00

For more information see the USDA web site at http://www.aphis.usda.gov/vs/ncie

Q. What are the regulations for Hunter Orange in Ontario ?

A. The object of the hunter orange regulation is to maximize hunter safety without negatively impacting hunting success. Under this regulation, ALL LICENSED HUNTERS, INCLUDING ARCHERY HUNTERS hunting during the gun season for deer and moose, are required to wear hunter orange. As well, ALL BLACK BEAR HUNTERS hunting during black bear season are required to wear hunter orange except when in a tree stand. (this exception is in place because, unlike deer and moose, black bear have colour vision.)



For further information on the hunting regulations in Ontario visit the we site at:
http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/en/Business/FW/2ColumnSubPage/STEL02_168421.html?CS B_ic-name=404redirect&CSB_ic-info=hunting-in-Ontario_text-link-Eng