Native American Pictographs
Local Attractions and Special Events for Lake of the Woods Area and Northwestern Ontario
Calendar of Events Sioux Narrows/Nester Falls & Kenora
There's plenty of things to do in Sunset Country, including watching or taking part in the year-round special events and festivals throughout the region. The following is a list of events within Sioux Narrows, Nester Falls and Kenora. Make sure you don't miss out on all the activities, whether you are a resident or a tourist visiting for a day, weekend or week.
Sioux Narrows Bassin' For Bucks
- September - 2nd weekend – Annual Bassin’ For Bucks Bass Tournament: Visit
- September 6, 7 and 8th 2013
- Contact Barb 1-807-226-5226 or Deb 1-807-226-5684
- http://www.bassinforbucks.com for
information or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Nestor Falls Annual Crow Lake Classic Bass
- September - 3rd weekend – Annual Crow Lake Classic Bass Tournament: contact 1-807-484-2525 for information.
- September 14 & 15, 2013
Annual Kenora Bass International - K.B.I
- August 8, 9 & 10, 2013 – Kenora Bass International : Visit http://www.kbifishing.com/ for more information Email us at: email@example.com.
- Come out and root for our very own "JIM PALMER" White pine lodge owner and guide.
Recurring Events and Attractions in Sioux Narrows
- Fresh Vegetable Stand, Every Wednesday June - Sept.
- Live Music Under the Big Top, Weekly - Contact Tourist Info 1-807-226-5293
- White Moose Golf Course - This 9 hole golf course has been open since 1969 as a public course. Currently open May 15 to September 15 - contact 1-807-226-5319
- Church Service;
- United Church - Contact 1-807-226-5228 - Every Sunday 11:30 am
- Sacred Hearts Catholic Church - Contact 807-468-6149- May to Sept. - Friday 6:00 p.m.
July 1 Canada Day, Downtown Sioux Narrows
- July 1 – Make sure to
attend one of the local Canada Day events and enjoy a fun fill day
that will end with a spectacular fire works show in celebration of
this special Day! Some things to look forward too.
- Special events TBA - Free Community BBQ!
- FIRE WORKS!!
- Events for the whole family.
GUEST ONLY.. White Pine Lodge 4th of July Celebrations!
- July 4, 2013 – Thursday,
it's a great way to enjoy the evening.
- "Big fish" contest awards
- Games and refreshment.
- FIRE WORKS!!
Christmas in July, Sioux Narrows
- July 14 – Annual Christmas in July event contact 1-807-226-5610 for information.
Whitefish Pow Wow, Sioux Narrows
- July TBA – Watch for poster at the Trading Post with date and time.
Merchant Madness, Sioux Narrows
- August 17 – contact
1-807-226-5293 for information.
- Visit our unique shops in the heart of Sioux Narrows for that perfect holiday souvenir
- August 2, 3 & 4
- Live bands, Check web site for 2013 current talent
- Kids Zone, Watermelon throwing contest, boat and vintage car show, and much more.
- It is an event for the whole family. – contact http://www.harbourfest.ca/information.htm
Annual Sioux Narrows Arts Festival
- August 3-4 – contact
1-807-226-9791 for information.
- This is a great opportunity to meet local artist and view their work. Make sure you.. "mark your calendar" to come out and see their hand crafted pieces!
- Wood products, jewelry, photographs, paintings, furniture and much much more.
Pig Roast Picnic, Nester Falls
- August 4
Other Recurring Events and Tours in Sunset Country
- Farmers Market - Wednesdays from 9 am to 2 pm June-September, on the Harbour front
- Kenora Harbour front Concert Series - Thursdays from June-September, Contact: 1-807-468-2232
- Mather Walls Heritage House Tours - Contact:1-807-547-2870
- Lake of the Woods Cemetery Tours - Fridays July-August, 1-807-467-4636
- MS. Kenora Boat Tours
- Lake of the woods Museum -Contact 1-807-467-2105